Director, Internal Communications
Location: Corporate Office - Purchase, New York
Position Summary: Will lead the development of dynamic, innovative employee communications programming to insure an understanding of Pernod Ricard USA, its brands and its culture among all employees.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Identify what is needed to raise the overall excellence of internal communications relating to PR, PRUSA, brands/brand companies and PRUSA senior management, and developing metrics for evaluating program effectiveness.
- Lead innovation & management of new communications systems, leveraging traditional and digital media platforms; must be adept at leveraging / encouraging conversations on Facebook, Twitter and other social media vehicles, and also must be familiar with digital eCRM systems (E-mail, Database Management, Embedded Videos, Salesforce.com)
- Manage & evolve existing PRUSA communications vehicles, such as intranet and "Town Hall"
- Oversee curating of content for all employee-generated communications, such as blogs and videos, to assure it is timely, topical and appropriate.
- Work with PRUSA's HR, Operations, Finance and IT departments to translate all 'newsworthy' information/developments into interesting, exciting, succinct, and relevant employee content across all communications platforms.
- Revitalize Employee Communications Committee as vehicle for innovative programming development.
- As part of the corporate communications team, assist on other corporate communications projects (e.g., external publicity, events, etc.) as needed.
Nature & Scope:
* Constant interaction with all major departments within the company across all U.S. offices & with global parent company & sister companies.
* Communications partner to HR, Operations, Finance and IT departments
Education: Bachelor's degree (prefer degree in Business, Journalism /Communication)
Experience / Background: Minimum 7-10 years of experience in corporate communications department. . Experience using online collaborative tools to further the reach of internal corporate communications. Experience developing and implementing communication programs that boost employee morale/enhance a company's culture.
Skills Necessary For Superior Performance:
- Strong communicator capable of developing and leading communications efforts across multiple platforms.
- Strong experience in development and management of internal, online collaboration tools (social media) A MUST.
- Proven success developing relationships and collaborating in a business partner capacity with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and communicate corporate and brand strategies.
- Strong writing abilities across all media platforms.
- Ability to handle/manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of quality, speed & flexibility for change.
- Team player able to collaborate effectively with internal & external people/teams..
- Excellent planning, organization, and personal time management skills.
Working Conditions: Expected to work evenings and weekends as required. Minimal travel required.