Manager, Internal Audit
Location: Corporate Office - Purchase, New York
As an Internal Audit Manager with PR-USA - Internal Audit, the candidate will serve as a value added resource in working with the Vice President - Audit in designing and executing proactive internal control assurance and business advisory services that are important enablers to PRUSA achieving its key strategic and business process objectives.
The Audit Manager will also be instrumental in contributing to the implementation and on-going maintenance of risk assessment process that supports the annual audit plan, the individual will perform internal audit procedures of a moderate to complex nature at the direction of the Vice President -Audit. The Manager will also play a key role in ensuring procedures in the business units are relevant and consistently applied in accordance with PRUSA, PR-Americas, and PR-Groupe standards.
Overall, the Audit Manager in conjunction with all team members serves as a proactive advisor to the business.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
1. Project/Engagement Management
- Participation in the audit planning process, including risk-rating auditable activities, identifying new auditable activities, and proposing an appropriate time budget for each audit.
- Coordinate and work with any co-sourced/teaming audit resources
- Be able to clearly align audit objectives and scope of work to strategic business objectives with a flexible and adaptive audit approach.
- The ability to work independently in the execution of audit and other related projects inclusive of Documenting, Assessing, Testing & Reporting on process environments.
- Apply and assess financial reporting impact based on knowledge of Accounting Principles (e.g., IFRS, GAAP)
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and use of data analysis tools (e.g., ACL, MS Access, etc.) and techniques to facilitate operational audits and continuous control monitoring (CCM).
- Executing quality audit work within budget.
- Assisting in Special Projects and Investigations.
- Assisting in the maintenance of an Issue Tracking and Resolution process.
- Working closely with the team regarding planning the scope of work and monitoring the progress on audit projects.
- Reviewing and writing risk assessments and development audit programs.
- Acting in a supervisory or lead capacity on complex and high risk audits/special projects with teaming resources.
- Ability to provide audit deliverables inclusive of but not limited to writing process flow documents, performing detailed test work, and summarizing results in work papers.
- Documenting opportunities for improvement and drafting audit reports,.
- Develop and maintain on-going issue tracking and action plan resolution,
- Identifying and developing best practices within Internal Audit and in coordination with business process owners.
2. Facilitate and coordinate all aspects of Corporate Governance requirements with PR-Americas and PR-SA
3. Advisory and special project requests;
4. Assisting periodically with Property and Casualty Insurance Programs
Nature & Scope:
Position will interact with all levels of the organization.
Position will work with all departments within PRUSA as well as working in collaboration with the PR Americas and Groupe Internal Audit or other applicable third party resources. As this is a small group, the Audit Manager is expected to be hands on in all aspects of the project planning and execution as well as demonstrate proactive skills that ensure the accomplishment of audit objectives necessary to meet the PRUSA's strategic and business process objectives.
The Audit Manager shall be bound by the Code of Ethics as defined by the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as the Pernod Ricard USA Code of Ethics with respect to maintaining confidentiality, objectivity, integrity and competence in its accumulation and use of all company data and records.
The Audit Manager must clearly demonstrate a strong history and ongoing application teamwork, integrity and leadership. Support colleagues within and outside of Internal Audit and value their contributions. Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment. Monitor business activity and industry trends, emerging issues, audit enabling tools/resources, and apply best practices where applicable with respect to department development and improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analysis, or other comparable related field.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in financial (external) or operational/process (internal) auditing or advisory related services.
- Comparable experience in Distribution, and/or Manufacturing environment preferred. Wine and Spirits industry exposure is a plus.
- Combination of public accounting and private accounting/auditing related services. Consulting, risk management, business advisory/consulting experience a plus.
- Application pre-implementation assessment and advisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with financial reporting and consolidation processes/systems (e.g., Hyperion, JDE/Oracle).
- Demonstrated experience in ethics and fraud inquiries.
- Comprehensive understanding of the auditing business process and strategic objectives through assessing the existence and effectiveness of risks and related internal controls.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge or application of the COSO framework or equivalent,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current corporate governance issues facing global companies.
- Effectively utilize of MS Office products (i.e., MS-WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS)
- Strong experience in using of data analysis to facilitate the audit process (e.g., ACL, MS Access)
- Strong written (including issue and report writing) and verbal communication skills
- Can quickly develop relationships within the organization and can quickly grasp issues.
- Professional certification or the strong desire to pursue professional development and certifications (CIA, CPA, etc) a plus
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to conduct themselves discreetly when be handling at times confidential information.
Candidates must be available and willing to travel up to 15% and work in excess of normal work hours when necessary.